We formulate and produce financial innovations in partnership with our client institutions.
During the financial crisis, financial regulators imposed stringent regulatory requirements, such as Basel III and LIBOR reform, on the banking industry. Banks complied with these regulations, while they defended themselves against competition from non-traditional financial firms entering the market. Now, they are on the verge of a digital evolution. Banking IT has shifted from post transaction management to more forward-looking client engagement, insight discovery, and algorithm development. The challenge for banks now is to seek solutions in the myriad of technological choices. Simplex thinks and creates together with our bank clients, utilizing our expertise and experience in advanced financial technology and engineering.
Why do our clients choose us?
A unique tech firm with advanced financial engineering at its core
- Since our founding in 1997, we have been the quintessential technology partner for our client institutions because of our financial engineering expertise.
- We have helped them develop quantitative analytics, and trading and risk management technology.
Expertise, experience, and commitment to support production systems
- We cover the entire cycle of an IT project with a complete technology stack, from implementation of infrastructure, business logic, and application layers, to 24 hours a day /365 days a year support, operation and maintenance.
- We have years and years of experience working together with clients developing and supporting real financial systems, therefore we provide real DX, and help clients evolve.
The best technology partner to help clients reshape and evolve their business
- Banks are no longer passive users of vendor software.
- We share clients’ future perspectives and potential issues.
- We strive to be the partner they can count on to reshape and evolve their business with technology.
Build a risk management platform for Expected Shortfall / XVA calculations
Major Domestic Bank A
Simplex built a risk management platform for this bank so they could comply with Basel III Accord and measure comprehensive firm-wide risk. This platform was built on a hybrid infrastructure of the bank’s on-premise cluster and a commercial cloud managed by us. The former handles computations that require sensitive data such as credit information on counterparties, whereas the latter handles massive computations that require scalability. The computing resource is elastically scalable, and the production deployment uses 6800 cores. This has been achieved and optimized by Simplex’s knowledge of and experience with a client’s existing systems and requirements, as well as our expertise in the latest architecture suitable for client’s demand for a large-scale computing platform.
ASP service platform for data analytics with algorithm of forex and rates markets
Major Domestic Bank B
Simplex provided an ASP service platform for this large bank to execute analytics and algorithms on petabyte size data from FX and Rates markets. This platform takes in and stores data from a time series tick data source commonly used by high frequency interbank competitors. We utilized NoSQL DB to store unstructured data sets, such as news and market sentiment analysis results, and constructed a highly secured storage suite on the cloud to store transactions and customer data. With the key capability to issue flexible queries into such large data sets in a real time environment as its advantage, our service is responsible for running algorithms and calculating trade signals based on market and position data.
We have honed our financial expertise by building robust mission-critical systems that support the core businesses of our client financial institutions, and by producing financial service development that brings new user experience. Our ability to propose business strategies, and to utilize the most advanced technology available for our clients establishes our reliability as the technology partner in the DX of many industries.
Simplex Group’s Leaders
Xspear Consulting, Inc.